Hospital visiting to non-Covid wards has restarted but there are still restrictions and most visits need to be booked.
Face coverings are mandatory at every hospital and everyone is asked to keep to social distancing rules and also follow Public Health England advice:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
What to expect
- Layout changes, one-way systems and new routes to wards and clinics
- To help guide you, look out for screens, signs, and floor markings
- Food and drink options may be limited – you may want to take supplies with you
- Car parking fees have been reinstated for visitors.
Do check the hospital website before you go as visiting restrictions are under constant review as the Covid-19 situation changes.
More information about visiting
Share your experiences
How have the changes to services due to the coronavirus pandemic affected you?
We can share what you tell us with the people who are planning the local and national response to coronavirus.
Or you can
Call 0330 355 1285
Text 0752 0635 176