Information correct as of 19 July 2021
Social distancing and most legal restrictions to control Covid-19 have now been lifted. For the most up to date information about Covid-19 be sure to check Gov.uk.
- Meet up outside or if you’re indoors open windows or doors if you have visitors.
- Minimise the number, proximity and duration of social contacts.
- If you think you might have COVID-19 symptoms, take a PCR test and stay home.
- While face coverings are no longer required by law, the Government expects and recommends that people wear face coverings in crowded areas such as public transport.
- Check in with the NHS COVID-19 app when you’re out.
- Wash your hands regularly and for at least 20 seconds with soap.
- Get vaccinated if you are 18 or over.
- Take lateral flow tests twice a week even if you don’t have symptoms – especially if you are not fully vaccinated or if you are visiting people who are clinically more vulnerable and at risk. Around 1 in 3 people with COVID-19 do not have any symptoms.
You must still
- Get tested if you have symptoms
- Stay at home if you are waiting for a test result or have a positive test or live in the same household.
- Isolate if you have a positive test or are contacted by NHS Test and Trace
- Quarantine if required following travel abroad
- Wear a face covering and stick to other Covid safety measures in a healthcare setting
Use NHS 111 if:
- you're not sure what to do
- you're worried about your symptoms
Call 111 if you cannot get help online. Do not go to places like a GP surgery, hospital or pharmacy if you have any Covid-19 symptoms
Need help and support?
If you or someone you know needs help, there are lots of organisations, charities and community groups who can help with shopping, collecting medicines, befriending and more.
Peterborough City Council is working with partner organisations to support local people who may need extra support.
The NHS is continuing to roll out the Covid-19 vaccination programme. Everyone is urged to take up their invitation and get two doses, which offers the best protection.
NHS Covid Pass
This pass lets you show your Covid-19 vaccine status when travelling abroad and domestically at events and venues in England.
You can download a digital copy or request a status letter.